Moving from v2 to v3 is fairly straighforward but can be confusing when you don't understand the basics of v3. Or maybe the original dev isn't around anymore, or also doesn't understand v3. Here's what you'll have to do:
- Review existing site
- Update to latest version of Statamic v2
- Review existing addons
- ensure they will work in PHP 7.2+
- still relevant?
- required in v3?
- Estimate effort to port addons to v3
- or replace with existing v3 addons
- Review site structure
- Create v3 and run migrator
- Review & apply Upgrade Guide
- Modernize build process, if required
I have been involved in v3 since before there was a private alpha and have already created several sites and addons for it. I will work with you to come up with an estimate and a plan for a smooth transition.
Please reach out if you're interested.